Monday, March 26, 2012

"Have a lot of Fun" by Scott McLean

So far, these are the lyrics and if the song ever gets finished, then I'll say so. But shouldn't I do it on keyboard? Then of course after I do a nice version I'll do a cover of my own song, but I'll scream in a high-pitched voice, Scott McLean  is my favorite pop star, and put it on YouTube.  Yes, I am just making a joke about pop stars who put their names in songs.  By the way, I'm not any other Scott McLean, I'm this one.  Ok here are the lyrics for my song:

"Have a lot of Fun"
by Scott McLean

Overdo it
no don't do it
wait, wait no, girl
it's a lot of fun
overdo it
and come 'ere on the run
no, wait
don't overdo it
your mama said it's a loaded gun
--and I know what she means!
stay there in your scene

there's something to be said
for places that are dead
whatever you can afford
always makes you bored

don't do it
don't have any fun
then if you wanna be alone
listen to the dial tone
or get me on the line
you're sure to feel jus' fine

to know love
sow love
it's growing
every spring
the summer comes
the heat is warm
but that's what
makes us tall inside

overdo it
have a lot of fun
no, wait
don't overdo it
your mama said
it's a loaded gun
your mama said it,
though, so, you know!

OVERDO IT
have a lot of fun
OVERDO IT
have a lot of fun
repeat 3 million times (i'm joking, just repeat until you're tired of it and wanna listen to the next pop song)

Note: By the way, don't overdo it.  This is just a song and that's all.  I wrote this on paper in a Jack in the Box parking lot after buying iced coffee (before starting to drink it) but the idea came to me while I was still in the drive-thru, which is when I wrote down the song title, and in the drive-thru, I was listening to other pop songs on the radio that also repeat way too much, but that's OK because I was having fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment